Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Creative Express Card Does Anyone Know If The Soundblaster X-Fi Notebook Express Card Is USB Or PCI Based?

Does anyone know if the Soundblaster X-Fi Notebook Express Card is USB or PCI based? - creative express card

Currently only has a PCMCIA slot on my laptop - a little over a year! I like you were surprised by the new ExpressCard technology. I have the Sound Blaster X-Fi Notebook ExpressCard 54 - after working on the Dell - the card with my laptop. NO!

Online research and found a USB Adapter for Express Card. The service technician told me that the USB adapter works only with Basic Express Card - PCI-based NO.

Who knows that one of the X-Fi Notebook is?

http://creative.com/products/product.asp?category=209&subcategory=669&product=16642

I'm still relatively new it all is. I went through a nightmare with Dell Higher Education Card does not work with my laptop. They insisted it was either Vista or the card was defective. At no time did she bother to check whether my laptop has the correct slot for the card that you had sold me. Although asked several times!

Thanks for the help!

1 comment:

cr ! 5h said...

Well, not USB or PCI. The sound card is an ExpressCard.

All have a new laptop, an ExpressCard slot are used to accommodate a wifi card as well.

Dell is nonsense, even worse, when you call, if I were you, I would not trust them!

There are no USB Express Card slot on the market.
You can get the Express Card to USB only. (Use this link to Dr. http://www.directusbstore.co.uk/cnb/shop an idea ...


BDW these two cards are cool sound!

Post a Comment